Enabling Aspirational Students for successful entry within the Engineering industry and Supporting companies to discover a hidden pool of engineering talent. There are a number of programmes that cater specifically to university students including Transition and Real Projects.
Transition is a series of workshops to prepare students for the world of work.
Watch a video on Transition
Each workshop features:
- Individual Interviews and immediate feedback by industry professionals.
- Group work role plays mirroring the real corporate company interview procedure.
- Opportunities to get internship/graduate recruitment offers.
- Offers for top performers to have job application ?make overs? free of charge by AFBE-UK.
- AFBE-UK enrolment and subsequent access to all the networking / advice experienced engineers can provide.
How to get involved with Transition
- Students: Register to attend an event by checking out our events page for upcoming upcoming events.
- Engineering Professionals: Become a volunteer at our next Transition event.
How Transition can support your company sustainability targets?
- The scheme provides a wider pool of talent who are better equipped to take on job roles.
- Contact with talented diverse students who would be great investment for the future.
- We provide certificate of participation to all participating companies and individuals which can be used as evidence to support your diversity and sustainability targets.
- Become a corporate member of AFBE-UK, sponsor an event or provide volunteers for a Transition event.
Email us at [email protected]
Knowledge exchange between professionals and students on current relevant engineering topics.
Real projects is held during university academic term time and is open to students and professionals with a keen interest in engineering projects, developments and best practices. Our vision is to empower engineers to understand the challenges in the industry today.
Each event features:
- Technical lectures.
- Interactive sessions.
- Seminars on current relevant engineering topics.
The talks are presented in a lunch and learn format.
How to get involved with Real projects?
- Volunteer as a speaker on topic of interest to boost your confidence and present your views in less formal environment.
- Host a Real Projects seminar in your organisation.
- Sponsor a Real Projects seminar.
AFBE-UK members can enrol by sending email to us at [email protected]